Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Inspire Today

I love to read blogs. Fashion Blogs. Mommy Blogs. Encouraging Blogs. You name it! If it's a blog, I probably enjoy reading it. I have recently found myself "Facebook stalking" just to read what others are writing. You can learn a lot about people by reading their thoughts, ideas and about their passions. So many times I think we are afraid to SAY what we really think or feel, but WRITING it down seems so innocent.

What kind of words are coming from your fingertips (or even your mouth)? Are they encouraging, uplifting or inspiring? My prayer is that I can be the encouraging wife, mother, daughter, and friend that God has called me to be. How do I know that He has called me to be this encourager? Well, I am HIS child and His word instructs us to be this encourager that I speak about. 1 Thessalonians 5:11 reads, "Therefore encourage one another, and build each other up." But let's not stop there. Hebrews 3:13 states, "But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called "today" so that none of you will be deceived by sin and hardened against God." Yet another, 1 Peter 4:8-10, " Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins. Show hospitality to one another without grumbling. As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace." WOW! What powerful words!

What kind of power do your words hold? Are you belittling someone else or are you lifting them up? Are you cutting someone down for a decision that they made or are you praying that God would reveal Himself to them in a way never before? Are you shunning someone because of a way that they look or are you telling them that they are beautiful just the way God created them? Before we speak {or write} we should be thoughtful of those who will hear or read what we have to say. There is power in our words. Let that power be INSPIRING!

Blessings,
Heather


1 comment: