Friday, September 5, 2014

Yep, Mama has LOST IT!

Have you ever lost your cool? Please tell me you have so that I don't feel alone!

Let me just give you a snip-it into my morning this glorious AM so that you can see just how Satan was at work in the Talley home!

My alarm went off and surprisingly I actually got up and going as I should, seeing how I was to deliver both children this morning since I did not have the assistance of my wonderful husband. I took my shower, put on my face and dressed myself before arousing the children. I fixed breakfast for Evan and Emie's bottle with Oatmeal and prepared to say our "Good Mornings!" So far things seem rather uneventful.

Sleepy-eyed Evan finds his way to the recliner, mini chicken biscuits in hand and his cup of milk, ready for his favorite cartoons to start his day. Emie is settled back by this time, bottle in hand, enjoying her morning yummys too.

10 minutes in, Evan has not taken one bite--not ONE bite!

25 MINUTES LATER, Evan has ONLY managed to down 1/2 of ONE mini chicken biscuit and then looks at me like I am crazy because I am asking him why more of it has not been eaten! I take it from him and put it on the stove and tell him to get dressed, now.

I walk through about 5 minutes later and I will let you take a wild guess---he is NOT dressed! How long does it REALLY take to dress a 6 year old body? For the LOVE!!

The TV is turned off (I know, it probably never should have been on in the first place, but give a Mama a break) and I have now in a raised tone, told him once again to GET. DRESSED!

I whisk Emie to her room for a clean diaper and clothes for the day, all the while reminding Evan of what all he needs to be doing. "Brush your teeth, Evan, use the bathroom, let's brush your hair and put on your socks and shoes." Really, it's not like we don't do the same chores morning after morning! I am exhausted by this point and my day is just beginning. I must interject here that I did wake in a good mood, enjoyed my quiet shower and my 10 minutes of face preparations.

Back to my sweet Evan. He is now brushing his teeth and I have moved on to finishing my hair. I zip through the kitchen only to catch a glimpse of him darting into his room where he is trying to put the shorts that he wore yesterday back on and his shorts that I had ironed that morning are in his dirt clothes bin. I just about come apart! When I ask, it seems as though there was a mishap with our aim in the bathroom! OH. MY. GOODNESS! Now I HAVE come apart! We don't have time for this. I am behaving in a way that is NOT the way Christ intended, Evan is crying and I am in tears! What a way to start our Friday!

Apologies were given and we finally were out the door. Did I mention that in the middle of all of this Emie managed to get her hand popped and have a complete come apart. So, we all shed some tears and had a doozy of a morning!

I feel as though I owe my mother a HUGE apology for the way I behaved in the mornings when she was working hard to get me up and going! Evan is his mother's child!

Does this sound like a morning in your home? Hopefully it is not a typical morning! I can't help but think if God must feel like this sometimes. He is constantly laying on our hearts and minds the things that He desires for us to do and we just lolly-gag to the point where so much time is wasted and we (and maybe even he) end up feeling defeated. Just as I was not constantly on Evan's case "just because", there is always a task at hand-something that must be done for a specific purpose. The Lord has plans for us. Are we too busy (or being too lazy) to see His plan through?

Back to my sweet Evan this morning. I did send his teacher a message to check on him and he was doing great. Maybe the repercussions of this morning have only stuck in my mind. This Mama gig can be difficult sometimes, but I wouldn't trade it for all of the world! Maybe God feels the same about me sometimes. Being my heavenly Father can be difficult, but in the long run, I know He wouldn't change a thing!

Scripture for thought on standing firm in the Lord when Satan tries to ruin the day:
"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. Therefore, take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm. Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness."  Ephesians 6:10-18

Blessings,
Heather


No comments:

Post a Comment